Frequently Asked Questions: Massachusetts


What type of dispensaries do you have?

As of 5/1/19 Curaleaf MA has two medical-only dispensaries in operation.  However we are in the process of getting approved for three adult-use retail locations and hope to have these open late Fall 2019.

Oxford will be co-located, Provincetown and Ware will be adult-use only, and Hanover will remain as medical only.

Who can visit the dispensary?

Only patients and caregivers 18 and older who are officially registered with the Cannabis Control Commission are able to visit a medical-only dispensary. Minor patients may not enter the facility, but their caregivers may. Non-registered individuals and minors who accompany a registered patient or caregiver to a dispensary visit cannot be admitted into a medical-only facility.

Any consumer 21 years or older, with a valid form of government issued identification can visit an adult-use dispensary.

How often can I go to the dispensary?

There are no restrictions on how often customers may visit the dispensary, as long as state-mandated purchase limits have not been met. 

Patients: As long as you have not met your 60-day prescription limit, and your identification is up to date, you will be allowed access to our facility.

What should I expect at the dispensary?

Our goal is to always provide safe, compassionate, and professional care in a safe & respectful environment.

If something with your visit does not meet these standards, any one of our managers will be more than happy to discuss any feedback you are comfortable to share.

Do you deliver?

No, at this point in time Curaleaf Massachusetts does not deliver.

What is UKU?

UKU is a Curaleaf brand of product geared more towards the adult-use market. In general the majority of our cartridges are branded as UKU.  For more information visit the UKU website.

What is your return policy?

While we do not allow returns due to MA state laws/regulations we do value feedback of any product our patients feel may be defective. Please reach out to the appropriate dispensary to address these concerns and we will do our best to accommodate the need of our consumers.

Do you sell accessories?

We have a variety of accessories for available for purchase, including vaporizers, dab rigs, glass pipes, rolling papers, and more.


How can I become a qualified patient?

Only a licensed physician or nurse practitioner can decide if you qualify for medical marijuana under Massachusetts law. Here are the steps you need to take to become a qualified patient of Curaleaf MA:

  • An appointment with your qualified health care provider is required in order to begin the registration process. Your provider will evaluate you to determine if you are qualified for the medical use of marijuana.
  • Once your health care provider has issued you a certification, you may register with the Medical Use of Marijuana Program. If this is your first time registering, your provider will give you a PIN; this PIN is required for you to register in the MMJ Online System. Here is a document with further guidance from state.
  • If your registration is approved by the Program, you will receive a Medical Use of Marijuana Program ID Card.
  • Once this happens, you may visit Curaleaf at our Hanover or Oxford Massachusetts dispensaries. Please contact us at (781) 987-1646 for Hanover or (508) 731-0100 for Oxford or email us at for setting up your first visit.

How do I find a certified physician?

Unfortunately, the Cannabis Control Commission does not have a public list of qualified health care providers. We recommend talking to your own primary health care provider for a referral as appropriate.

What are qualifying conditions?

In the state of Massachusetts you must have been diagnosed by a licensed physician as having a “debilitating medical condition.”   As outlined in the Act for the Humanitarian Medical Use of Marijuana, Section 2(C), the term “debilitating medical condition” includes the following:

  • ALS (Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis)
  • Cancer and Malignant Tumors
  • Crohn’s Disease/Ulcerative Colitis (UC)
  • Glaucoma
  • Hepatitis C
  • Positive status for Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV)
  • Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome (AIDS)
  • MS (Multiple Sclerosis)
  • Parkinson’s Disease

Section 2(C) also accounts for “other conditions as determined in writing by a qualifying patient’s physician.”  These conditions may include, but are not limited to, the following:

  • Anorexia
  • Anxiety
  • Chronic Back Pain
  • Depression
  • Insomnia
  • RA (Rheumatoid Arthritis)

What information do I need to bring for my visit?

When visiting a dispensary you need to bring your state-issued patient or caregiver registration card, AND your government-issued identification card (driver’s license, passport or military ID). State law prohibits dispensaries from allowing admittance to any patient without both items.

Please note that CCC requires notification when your government-issued identification changes or is renewed (driver’s license renewal for example).

What are the state regulations on pediatric patients?

Curaleaf MA is serving fully-licensed pediatric patients. Please note that CCC regulations require pediatric patients to have a designated caregiver. Caregivers are welcome to visit our dispensary and purchase medicine on behalf of their patient. Please note that minors cannot be admitted into the facility.

How much does your medicine cost?

We sell our flower at one of the lowest prices in the state.  Our 1/8 oz. flower sell for $40 and the 1/4 oz. flower is $80.  Please see our menu pages for the prices of all our other products.

It is worth noting that we provide a 10% discount to both Veterans (and their spouses & dependents) and patients that qualify for our Hardship Program. We also offer a 22% discount to 100% disabled veterans and 30% off for our pediatric patients 16 and younger.

Please call our dispensary for details on what information you need to provide to quality for these discounts.

Adult Use

Can I visit your dispensaries if I am not a patient?

As of 5/1/19 Curaleaf MA does not have any adult-use locations open yet, however we hope to have three stores open by early Summer.  Those stores will be in Provincetown, Oxford and Ware.

What are the purchase limits for adult-use?

The state regulations specify that adult-use customers can buy one ounce of marijuana or five grams of concentrate per visit.